| Belial |
Also Known As: Demon Lord Belial
|Means of Travel||On Foot|
|Special Features||Upside-Down Wings, Eye-Amulet|
|Type of Attack||Magic|
|Allies||The Hunter (formerly)|
|Actor Name (en)||Fred Tatasciore|
|“|| Belial. The legions of Hell must be in a sorry state, to make you a Lord.|
— Death to Belial.
Belial was a demon Lord that controlled a portion of Hell's forces on Earth. He apparently has an unimpressive reputation, as Death remarked that Hell would have to be in a sorry state for Belial to be a lord.
After the initial Apocalypse, Belial used his forces to hunt down the surviving humans. Eventually he struck a bargain with the lone human survivor he referred to as the Hunter. He offered the human safety in exchange for the locations of other survivors and claimed that he held the Hunter's soul in his power to keep the human in check, a bargain the Hunter accepted.
The Demon Lord BelialEdit
|“|| Belial: Nephilim. You will die here.|
Death: We both know that isn't true.
— Belial and Death before battle
When Death arrived to kill Belial at the Hunter's request, the demon admitted that he held no power over the human's soul and did not consider him a threat. Belial claimed while Lilith and Samael were willing to "coddle" the Horseman, he was not and attacked Death in response to his taunts. The Horseman defeated him and impaled him with his own trident. After killing Belial, Death took Belial's Trident.
Belial was not particularly imposing as far as demons go. His true power came from his cunning mind and ability to manipulate his enemies, as well as his command of demonic magic. Using magic, Belial could summon tridents and explosions as well as teleport and even become invulnerable. His small wings did not allow him to fly.
- Trident Thrust: A short range, low damage attack where Belial thrusts with his Trident. Easy to dodge and not common.
- Tail Whip: Belial whips his tail in a cone behind him. This attack has a low range and low damage. Easy to dodge and not common.
- Trident Spear: Belial will thrust in a straight line towards Death. This is a long range attack which can reach anywhere in the room. Belial is very likely to do this if Death is far away, but can also do it up close. To evade, dodge to the side.
- Trident Fan: Belial throws out small tridents in a 360 degree area around him, doing medium damage. This attack has a long range. To evade, dodge between tridents (easier when further away).
- Trident Geyser: Belial causes tridents to rise from the ground in a small area in front of him.
- Block Counter: Belial blocks a melee attack, briefly preventing damage and stunning Death. Belial uses this move to break Death's melee combos. This can block Wrath Abilities.
- Fire Veins: Starts at 66% HP remaining. Belial causes blood red veins to travel out in a large area around him. After a moment, the veins will catch fire causing low damage and staggering Death. To evade, make sure Death is not standing on a vein.
- Invulnerable Form: Starts at 66% HP remaining. Belial's most dangerous ability. He will strike the ground, generating a small explosion around him and becoming totally invulnerable to damage.
- Charged explosion. Belial stops moving and starts charging an explosion which has a very large area of effect and does high damage. While he is charging, a weak spot will appear on his front. Kill it to force Belial back into his normal form. When killed, the weak spot causes a small explosion so use of Mercy is recommended.
- Shield. Starts at 25% HP remaining. Invulnerable Form now has a shield which does high damage and stops Death from coming close enough to attack the weak spot in melee. It does enough damage to kill Death quickly in Reaper form.
- Trident Spear. Starts at 25% HP remaining. Belial will now start alternating between using Trident Spear and Charged Explosion while in his Invulnerable Form.
- Moving Target. Starts ear death. Belial will use Invulnerable Form one more time. This time the weak spot will move and be hard to hit.
- Belial's unimpressive reputation could be a reference to his name, being a Hebrew adjective meaning "worthless". His Trident is also said to whisper "Though art good for naught" to those it has slain.
- Belial is stated to have been the one who forged the Demonflame Renders as a way of securing favor with Lilith but apparently the scythes disappeared, supposively stolen by one of Belial's rivals.