|Means of Travel||By Foot, Flight|
|Main Weapon||Claws, Magic|
|Type of Attack||Melee, Ranged|
|“|| You may destroy this form, but you cannot destroy me. Mine is not a soul to be fed to the Well, for within me beats the pure power of the Abyss. None can escape it.|
— Frostbane to Death
Frostbane is the final boss in the Darksiders II DLC: Argul's Tomb.
|“|| Death: Why do you serve the Lost King?
Frostbane: I serve those who summon me, my essence incarnated by their will.
Argul then created a tomb which acted as a home for both his servant and the treasure it guarded. However when the Mad King was overthrown by his successor, the Lord of Bones, the tomb was cast out of the Kingdom of the Dead to another realm to separate the Deposed King from his power.
|“|| Frostbane - I smell the flesh of the living.|
Death - And I see an enemy before me, ready for his end.
— Frostbane first facing Death
By the time of the events of Darksiders 2 the existence of the tomb was considered a myth and few remained who knew it actually existed such as Ostegoth. Death was called by the merchant to the entrance of Argul's Tomb to both explain the history of Argul and his tomb, and provide an opportunity.
Ostegoth implored to Death that this power must be destroyed. The Nephilim questioned the merchant's true motives behind this, but Ostegoth refused to reveal them.
Frostbane continued to guard Argul's Tomb until Death arrived and made his intentions clear. The large dragon complimented the Horseman but the latter questioned why the creature still serves Argul. Frostbane explained that his essence is an extension of Argul's will. The Abyssal creature went on that his power came from the Abyss and that his form may be destroyed but his soul was indestructible. However the Nephilim retorted that "None are beyond Death."
Frostbane then challenged the Horseman and Death slew the beast by severing his head. Death then received the Frostforged Twins from Ostegoth after defeating Frostbane.
- Ice Generation: When Frostbane attacks he is able to produce ice which is able to imprison his enemies or slow them down.
- Ice Projectiles: When Frostbane is flying, he is able to shoot Ice projectiles from his mouth in random locations.
- Darkness Infusion: After battling for a while, Frostbane is able to generate around his body darkness energy, and his attacks are also infused with dark energy.
- Frostbane looks very similar to the Destroyer , the final boss of Darksiders, as both take the form of dragons.
- Frostbane is one of the two DLC bosses whose power comes from the Abyss, the other being the Abyssal Forge.
- When first exploring Argul's Tomb Frostbane can be seen flying in the distance at least twice.