Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wrath Abilities are skills which utilize Wrath in order to gain a certain effect, either defensive or offensive.
Throughout the course of Darksiders 1 and 2, War and Death will obtain various abilities. They can be upgraded which will, as one can imagine increase the effectiveness of the ability making the user stronger overall as a result.
In Darksiders, War has four Abilities:
- It is the very first Wrath Power that War obtains. It is acquired along with Chaoseater. Blade Geyser is an ability that lets War slam the ground, causing blades to sprout up around him, dealing a good amount of damage to anything in the vicinity draining one of his Wrath bars. With each level up, more blades will come forth from the ground. On fourth level mentioned Blades sprout not once but twice. These Blades bear a close resemblance to the Chaoseater's own blade. However, it is made somewhat redundant by the Affliction ability, as it's damage to Wrath energy ratio is far less than that of Affliction.
- The skin of War becomes as hard as stone. As each new level increases War's damage dealt and resistance to damage increases. The graphic also changes, starting off looking like stone then more like molten lava as the level increases. This power consumes a little of the Wrath bars over time. It can be leveled up by purchasing upgrades from Vulgrim. Combined with the Abyssal Armor, this ability can severely mitigate damage dealt to War be even boss characters, to the point where blocking and dodging become rather superfluous.
- An ability that allows War to surround himself in fire. When enemies come within melee range they will be set on fire, causing damage and adding combo hits. This ability drains Wrath over time. This ability becomes available after killing Tiamat.
- This power can do a significant amount of damage at max level, but it also drains wrath more rapidly than Stoneskin will. Although this form does offer a protection from enemies such as small enemies, however, it is not as proficient as Stoneskin in protection from enemies.
- War summons magical serpents that fly at enemies and inflict damage upon their target. They continue to attack until Wrath is expended.
- This wrath power can deal more damage by buying higher levels from Vulgrim and is the most powerful Wrath attack. It is very good for getting a high combat multiplier and for occupying a tough opponent while at the same time causing massive amounts of damage. It is also worth noting that this is the only one of War's powers that can remain active while in Chaos form, and will function as it normally would even while transformed. Activating Chaos form immediately after using Affliction provides the highest possible damage output that War can generate in the game.
- This power is available after defeating the Griever.
In Darksiders 2, Death has eight main abilities, each which is divided into 2 trees
The Harbinger Tree (on the left) is oriented for players who want to unleash damage face-to-face with your enemy. "Teleport Slash", "Harvest", and "Reaper Storm" all deal damage directly while "Unstoppable" gives great damage bonuses to those three skills in addition to regular melee attacks.
The skills are listed in the order that they can be unlocked.
Teleport Slash Sub-Tree
- Teleport Slash is a useful ability in multiple ways. First, Death restores a small bit of his power on executing this attack. The attack is effective enough to take out normal corruption enemies in a single blow. The move can also be used to move away tactically in a situation where you are surrounded by enemies and outnumbered.
- The skill will make Death enter the reaper form for a small duration in which Death executes a swirling scythes attack. The attack is good enough to do considerable amount of damage and even if someone has managed to escape the attack, the enemy will be pushed back that can give death a breathing space. The upgrades in this tree can increase Death’s damage output or generate the Reaper energy.
- The skill actually unleashes Death’s fury that will have no mercy on the enemies daring to attack. The strength and critical hit is increased multiple times which enables Death to land lethal blows. Call of the Grave is a recommended upgrade that will enable you to keep the fury last for longer duration.
Harbinger Tree’s Final Skill
- Reaper Storm is the final skill Death can learn after he has reached level 20. You remember Harvest skill, right? What if i say that this is almost the same thing but the effect can last for as long as 8 seconds? It’s incredible. Whenever you are surrounded by a group of enemies receiving more damage than anticipated, just activate Reaper Storm and just enjoy the annihilation.
The Necromancer Tree (on the right) is oriented for players who want to use ranged spells and small armies to damage enemies in addition to normal melee attacks. Also, it allows a player to create a very survivable Death. "Exhume" and "Murder" both summon units to fight for you. "Aegis Guard" provides significant defensive and offensive boosts. "Frenzy" allows for ranged casts.
The skills are listed in the order that they can be unlocked.
- The skill allows Death to summon some aggressive creatures (Ghouls). These creatures can be helpful in battle by distracting enemy’s attention away from Death. If you buy upgrades like Corpse Explosion (Ghouls explode on death) and Max Out (Ghouls last longer), their supportive role can be increased manifolds.
Aegis Guard Sub-Tree
- If you want defense to be strong, Aegis Guard is the skill you should be spending points on. And if you manage to get the upgrades for the skills Reflect and Grounding, you will also be able to land hits that will do some hefty damage.
- Murder is a decent diversion skill one can possess. Death will able to summon flocks of crows that will swarm the enemies forcing them loose their aligned formation. You can upgrade Murder for different benefits like restoring Death’s health, restoring his reaper energy or even freezing the enemies.
Frenzy – The Final Necromancer Skill
- All of Death's Wrath meter will be consumed in one single deadly blow. You can consume the Wrath portion and execute the move once again. You can use this move to deal with the more resistant enemies who will otherwise, give you a hard time.
- Main article: Devastator
- Stoneskin, accompanied by Abyssal Armor, makes War virtually indestructible.
- War's Blade Geyser ability is the only ability seen outside of the game: the Darksiders cinematic trailer and in the novel Darksiders: The Abomination Vault.