| Lucifer |
Also Known As: Dark One, The Dark Prince, The Prince of Darkness, The Prince of Lies, The Devil
|Occupation||Ruler of Hell|
The Four Horsemen
|Actor Name (en)||Keith Ferguson|
|“|| The End War is upon us. Yet instead of the army you promised me, Death has returned Man to the Balance?!|
– Lucifer, on Lilith's failure
Lucifer is the sovereign ruler of the Second Kingdom and hereby the supreme master of demonkind. His rule is opposed by Samael, a demon prince who is said to be second in line to assume the throne of Hell. It is stated by War that the Dark Prince's reign has nearly reached its end.
Darksiders Comic BookEdit
Lucifer was mentioned as the Dark One when the Horsemen went to warn Samael to respect the treaties between Heaven and Hell. The Blood Prince mentioned that the Dark One was in charge of Hell and that War should take up his business with him. However, the Horseman claimed that the Dark One's time as ruler was nearing its end with Samael next in line.
Lucifer did not appear on Earth during or after the Apocalypse, but was mentioned in conversations as the Dark Prince. After War's imprisonment by the Council, the demon merchant Vulgrim told War that Samael rivaled the Dark Prince in power and that he might have been considered a threat.
When Azrael questioned Abaddon about his plan and worried the Charred Council might suspect something, Abaddon told him that it would be Heaven's word against the word of the Prince of Lies to reassure him.
After Death restored humanity, Lilith was seen walking through a dark corridor where a mysterious figure awaited her. She addressed the figure as "My Prince", implying that the figure was Lucifer. The figure reminded her of her failure in resurrecting the Nephilim and told her that she would be punished, and this time she would not enjoy it. Lilith was then heard screaming in agony.
- Of the 4 villains in the Book of Revelation: the dragon, the whore of babylon and the 2 beasts, Lucifer is the Dragon; with his appearance marking 3 of the 4 villains having been revealed.
- People sometimes confuse the Destroyer as the Ruler of Hell, when in fact he is not. The Destroyer is only the Ruler of the Demons stationed on Earth. The Dark Prince is lord of all Demonkind and, ergo, Ruler of Hell.
- Lucifer is voiced by Keith Ferguson. He is referred to as the Prince of Darkness in Darksiders 2's ending credits.
- The name Lucifer comes from a description of Lilith in promotional material calling her his bride. In game he has only been referred to as the Dark Prince or Dark One, leaving his name somewhat tenuous.
- In an interview with IGN on what Darksiders 3 could have been Joe Madureira stated they had plans of sending the Horsemen to Hell to challenge Lucifer himself. This confirms the identy of the Dark Prince as Lucifer.